Table of Contents
Professional Commercial Pest Control Services In Chicago Illinois
Our pest control services have been described by many of our commercial clients as “the best”, “most effective”, and “cost-efficient”. We are proud to say, our clients are right. Commercial establishments, some more than others, are at a high risk of coming under a pest infestation. Chicago’s businesses are always under the watchful eye of the rodent and insect.
Our commercial pest control targets the following facilities:
- Coffee shop
- Food manufacturing facility
- Office building
- Skilled nursing home
When businesses come under a pest attack, there is a lot at stake. Unlike residential facilities, commercial establishments rely on revenue. When revenue is not being generated, businesses reporting losses. If something does not change and change quickly, the impacted business will be forced to shutter its doors permanently. And this is not to mention public scrutiny if rumors begin to surface about the pest infestation.
Commercial establishments have a lot to lose, which is why early detection is so important.
How Our Commercial Pest Control Service Works?
- First Visit – During this visit, the exterminator will consult with the commercial property owner. The exterminator will provide tips and suggestions on how to proceed for the best outcome.
- Second Visit – During this visit, the exterminator will conduct a visual inspection of the impacted property. The inspection is generally initiated in a high-risk area. A high-risk area could be a room, where a pest encounter took place. For example, the owner encountered a cockroach in the non-perishable food storage pantry.
- Inspection Follow-Up– The inspector will follow up with the client, regarding the evidence collected during the initial inspection. If signs of insect or rodent infestation were present, the exterminator will offer a list of treatment suggestions. The client will then decide to both forward and wait for a second consultation.
- Treatment Strategy Implementation – If the client agrees to move forward with the pest control process, the exterminator will develop and implement a treatment strategy. Of course, the client will receive a written quote prior to the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Third Visit – This is a post-treatment visit, which entails a follow-up inspection. We generally leave a 4-week separation between the initial treatment and follow-up visit. During the inspection, the exterminator will reassess the high-risk areas to determine if the treatment was effective. If not signs of an infestation are present, the exterminator will discuss prevention options with the client.
- Follow-Up Treatment – The follow-up treatment plays a major role in ensuring the once-infested property is pest-free.
- 30-Day Inspection – A final inspection is conducted of the property, 30 days from the last treatment. If the property is deemed “pest-free,” the exterminator will encourage the client to partake in a prevention strategy.
Pest Infestation And Public Scrutiny
As mentioned previously, commercial establishments are constantly under public scrutiny. There is always a slight chance a customer will encounter a pest inside your business. If you believe, the customer will blow the encounter off, you better think again. This especially applies to restaurants, bakeries, supermarkets, and other commercial establishments that deal in food. Automotive service stations are at a much lower risk of facing public scrutiny than a diner or café. Why? It is mainly due to the provided service. The automatic shop offers repairs, while the dinner and café serve food.
Pests And Structural Damage
While you are concerned about a public pest encounter, the culprit(s) is causing significant structural damage to your property. Depending on the pest species, you could find yourself facing thousands of dollars in structural damage due to a pest infestation. If this happens to be the case, you can expect to document a financial loss. Regardless of the severity of the structural damage, there will be two separate costs to be concerned about.
This is another reason why early detection is so important. With early detection, it is possible to minimize the risk of a public pest encounter and structural damage. With early detection, it is a win-win for all parties.
Financial Loss Due And Food Contamination
Commercial services, dealing with food production and preparation are also at risk of financial loss due to contaminated food. There is one main reason why pests infiltrate commercial establishments and residential establishments for this matter. This one purpose is essentials. When food becomes scarce in the natural habitat, the pests will have no other option but to infiltrate commercial and residential establishments.
Nine times out of ten, a commercial invasion by pests is related to food, shelter, and water. If your business deals with food manufacturing or preparation, you can guarantee a financial loss due to contaminated food.
Commercial victims of pest infestations have reported thousands of dollars in financial loss. The impacted businesses claim their financial losses were related to contaminated food products and structural damage. And this is not to mention, the additional expense of commercial pest control services.
Commercial Pest Infestation And Foodborne Illnesses
If you think structural damage and public scrutiny are bad, you are not familiar with foodborne illnesses. Businesses across the globe have been caught up in public foodborne illness cases, all of which are related to contaminated food. Not all foodborne illnesses are associated with pest infestation. In fact, there are a variety of factors that cause these illnesses – Shigella, listeria, campylobacter, salmonella, and E. coli. But all foodborne illnesses are related to contaminated food.
When a client reports a foodborne illness after ingesting a meal your business prepared, you will be responsible. The local health department will investigate the client’s claims to determine if they are valid. The only thing you can do is destroy the suspicious food, which may require a temporary closure. Health department officials may issue a public statement and ban for your business or services.
It is crucial to get control of the situation before rumors of foodborne illnesses begin to surface. We highly recommend reaching out to our Chicago extermination team. We offer same-day and emergency commercial pest control services for such situations.
Why Hire Us!
- We are a locally owned and operated Chicago-based pest control company
- We are licensed with the State of Chicago and bonded
- Our pest control experts are trained in chemical pesticide safety
- Our pest control product line consists of organic, natural, and chemical
- Our prices are fair and competitive with our top competitors in Chicago